Since Thursday 20th of march, I’m sick, can’t go to work and give my lessons. It feels strange to me because it happens rarely. Usually I have a very good immunity, and can spend time with sick people around me without falling ill myself.
But this time, no way, I had to stay at home and take care of myself. I was very sick, strong headache, fever, running nose, terrible coughing, huge fatigue… Well, I was prepared to bare this state for one week…
I’m telling you this little story, because I’ve recovered quite quickly. It is Sunday today, the sun is shining through my window, giving me trouble to see what I’m writing on my iPad (but i will not complain), I feel my body sitting on the chair, pain-free… No headache, no fatigue, no throat ache, my nose is reasonably free, and my coughing is light (coughing is a companion who usually likes to stay with you as long as possible).
So, I want to share with you 8 little natural tips that really worked for me, and maybe can work for you as well. I started this when I was already so sick that I couldn’t go to work anymore. I…
- Had rest… Stayed at home, prepared a thermos bottle with my favorite herbal tea, did nothing, slept, rested. And let go… One of the most difficult thing to apply…
- Read some inspiring texts. For me Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer give me always a fresh kick, new light and some softness.
- Had a little journey into blogs that bring lightness, beauty and comfort. I share with you some of them I really like: be more with less, or go small, think be & be happy.
- Ate simple and healthy: soup, green smoothies, rice, fruits. Avoided dairy products which create even more mucus in the lungs.
- Took vitamin C every morning. I found a very good way to have it. Usually I’m never satisfied with vitamin C products in shops: they are loaded with sugar or aspartame, don’t have a large amount of vitamin, are full of other stuff I don’t want, and don’t taste good. Here is my recipe: pure vitamin C in powder and sodium bicarbonate. In a glass, I put 1/2 tea spoon of vitamin C and 1/4 tea spoon of sodium bicarbonate. I added a little amount of water. It will start to sparkle a lot, like lemonade. And then I mixed it with some pure fruit juice. I personally like pomegranate juice, for it is one of the best juices in terms of vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants. And you get a delicious beverage (thanks to the juice you add). The sodium bicarbonate neutralizes the bad effect of the acid of vitamin C (which damages your teeth and your kidneys). Cheap, delicious and effective.
- Cleaned my nose with a neti pot twice a day. It really helps to clean out the bacteria in my nose and opens my nostrils and sinuses.
- Decreased the coughing. Every 3 hours I take an homeopathic remedy which really works well for me: drosera. You will find it in good pharmacies.
- Did a healing meditation. Every morning, I sat for 40 minutes and did a guided healing meditation (Deepak Chopra). It is the occasion to let go, get rid of negativity, detoxify the body and mind. It worked like a miracle for me. I did the first one in the evening, when I was really jailed by the flu. I felt at the end of the meditation, not only peace, but a kind of inner light which lifted me up. The morning after, I could clearly feel that the process of healing started. I was still very sick, but I could notice in my body this very subtle energy which pushes me in the right direction.
That’s it! now I’m ready to jump back on my bike and go to my lessons. Let’s train together!